The staff and governors of Leicester Islamic Academy believe that the education of all our children is of equal value and we are committed to ensuring that:
- all pupils have access to an entitlement curriculum of high quality
- that parents are involved at an early stage in discussions with the class teacher and our special needs co-ordinator
- all teachers in the school are aware of the importance of identifying and providing for those pupils who have special needs
- all teachers are aware of the specific requirements of any statements for children within their classes
- children who have special educational needs have individual education programmes planned by the teachers who work with them
Mrs. A. Suleman is the school’s SENCO (Special Needs Co-ordinator). Mrs. K. Khan is the Special Needs Teacher.