The school provides the following areas of learning for every child:
- English – speaking and listening, reading, writing, handwriting, spelling.
- Mathematics – number calculations, shape, space, measurement, handling data and problem solving.
- Islamic Studies – the aim of the religious studies course (Islamic Studies) is for our children to inherit and develop the Muslim Tarbiyah that the Leicester Islamic Academy’s ethos portrays. Children are able to understand the need for these agreed values and codes of behaviour in and around the school. It also helps adults and children to work together harmoniously. The values male them understand that they can expect others to treat their needs, views, cultures and beliefs with respect and they in turn should learn to value and respect other people’s views and ideas. Through studying the topics relates in our syllabus, we incorporate PSHE and citizenship. This will enable our children to carry the Islamic belief, practices and values with the guidance from the Qur’aan and the Sunnah in their everyday lives. The syllabus includes the following topics:
- Belief and Practices – five pillars of Islam
- Morals and Manners – etiquettes
- Creation and the Environment
- Places of worship
- Information Technology
- Humanities – History and Geography
- Physical Education
- Personal and Social Education – SEAL, environmental education, tolerance, equal opportunities and multicultural issues, etc.
Teaching in all of these subjects is based on Government (QCA) schemes of work that provide a framework for continuity and progression for all pupils.